Prevent Oven Fires
Accidents in the kitchen can happen but they can be prevented. Keep the heart of your kitchen happy and healthy with these oven maintenance tips.
How to prevent oven fires:
- Make sure your oven is clean before each use.
- Do not leave cooking food unattended.
- When making cakes, cookies, or pastries, put a slightly larger baking tray underneath your baking pan to prevent batter dripping onto the bottom of the oven.
- Cover any food that might splatter.
- When roasting meat, drain some of the hot grease by removing pan from the oven every 30 minutes.
- Get your oven checked out by a professional to make sure it is working correctly if there are any noticeable issues while using the oven.
If your oven does catch fire, it’s crucial to contain the smoke and flames. By leaving the oven door closed and turning off the oven, you are starving the fire, increasing the chances of safely containing a fire. Opening the oven door will only cause the fire to expand and cause more damage.
If you happen to suffer from a kitchen fire, SERVPRO is “Here to help” when disaster strikes.